With its diverse variety of courses, peaceful environment, and technologically advanced resources, Canada is emerging as one of the best countries to pursue top-level education. A Masters In Machine Learning Canada is one of the most sought-after courses that has garnered significant attention from students all around.
Top 8 Colleges For Masters In Machine Learning Canada
University of Waterloo
The University of Waterloo offers a Master’s in Data Science and Artificial Intelligence on both a full-time and part-time basis. While the duration of the full-time course is one year, completing the part-time course takes three academic years. The program provides in-depth knowledge of three areas, namely statistics, computer science, and optimisation.
- Honours bachelor’s degree or equivalent in computer science, data science, statistics, mathematics, or any other related field with a minimum average of 78%.
- Three references.
- Professional experience at senior level in either computer science or statistics.
- Proof of English language proficiency.
- An average score of 100/120 in TOEFL, 7.5 in IELTS, 308 in GRE, and 63 in PTE.
- Applicants must submit an official transcript of their academic record along with a resume.
The University charges a tuition fee of CAD 5633 per course, with 3 or more courses in a term. Students must consider other living costs separately.
The School of Computing at Queen’s University, Ontario, Canada, offers a year-long Master’s in Artificial Intelligence. The course provides a deep understanding of the technical principles of AI and modern methods of data research that can help students with their research projects.
- An undergraduate degree from an accredited university in any of the following fields, namely, Mathematics, Computer Science, Economics, Business, Engineering, or Science
- A TOEFL score of 88/120
- A GMAT score of 650 or above
- A work experience of at least two years in the relevant field
- Exemplary English language communication skills
Queen’s University charges an annual fee of CAD 12,927 for the program.
University of Alberta
The Department of Computing Science, University of Alberta, offers a Master’s in Artificial Intelligence as a thesis-based as well as a course-based program. The 2-year duration full-time Master of Science course emphasises the theoretical aspects of the design and a thorough analysis of machine learning algorithms using statistical tools and computer science as aid.
- Have a four-year undergraduate degree or equivalent to B.Sc Specialisation in Computer Science.
- Have an undergraduate grade point of 3.0 or 4.0 on an average.
- Be able to demonstrate knowledge equivalent to having completed six undergraduate courses in four areas:
- Computer system and architecture
- A TOEFL score of 100/120, PTE score of 68/90, and IELTS score of 7/9.
The University of Alberta charges tuition fees of CAD 8,700 for one academic year for pursuing Masters In Machine Learning.
Masters of Management in Artificial Intelligence is a year-long course at York University, Toronto, Canada. The 12-month-long course is designed to meet the growing needs of talented professionals with advanced skills and knowledge.
The post-graduate studies require the following eligibility criteria:
- The applicant must have an undergraduate degree from a recognized post-secondary institution with a minimum average of B+ in the previous two years or the equivalent of academic work
- The applicant must have scored an acceptable score on both GMAT and GRE
- The candidate must have a score of 7/9 on IELTS
The tuition fee for this artificial intelligence program is CAD 80,100 annually.
The University of Toronto
The University of Toronto offers an artificial intelligence degree in various subfields for research work. The institute provides the one-year course in two semesters on a full-time basis. The students can discover opportunities and ways to plan their own AI models and advance their career prospects with innovation and opportunity.
The applicant must fulfil these minimum requirements:
- Have an IELTS score of 7/9 and a TOEFL score of 90/120
- Have an understanding of basic statistics and be comfortable programming in Python
- Submit academic transcripts of college
- Submit proof of their financial background song with a letter of recommendation and statement of purpose
The University charges an annual fee of CAD 2,388 for the course.
Simon Fraser University
Simon Fraser University provides an artificial intelligence program designed in a way that helps students gain knowledge about the industry by working on real-time data. The university offers specialisation like deep learning, data science, and data engineering that paves the way for professional development.
- Have an undergraduate degree from a well-recognized institution
- Have an IELTS score of 7 and a TOEFL score of 93 to meet the basic English language requirements
- Have a basic knowledge and understanding of computer science and related programming languages such as C, C++, Java, and Python
The University charges a tuition fee of CAD 45,000 for two years.
University of Montreal
The University of Montreal offers a Bachelor of Science(BSc) in Artificial Science. Some of the fields of study included in this course are data mining, computational biology, and data analytics. The university educates its students through real-time applications of AI for practical experience.
- Have completed high school graduation with a top score
- Have an IELTS score of 6.5 and a TOEFL score of 79 for English proficiency
- Be from a science background with strong basics in Physics and Computer Science
The tuition fee for the entire course is CAD 125,000.
The college offers an Ontario college graduate certificate program as one of its graduate courses for achieving a successful AI degree from Canada. The course covers architecture, design, and data mining and aids the real-life assistance of these concepts. After completing this course, the students can opt for business analytics, AI designing, or programming for a career perspective.
The minimum requirements of this course are:
- The applicant must have a bachelor’s degree from any reputed university equivalent to the Ontario College Diploma
- A minimum score of 6.5 in IELTS for basic proficiency in the English language
The tuition fee for graduate students of this course is around 8,000 CAD per semester.
Visa Requirements for Admission to Top Universities of Canada
Following documents must be submitted by international students to attain a visa:
- An ETA (Electronic Travel Authorization) or a TRV (Temporary Resident Visa) for entry into Canada
- An official letter of acceptance from the University
- Financial evidence
- Proof of medical examination
- Police certificate
Job Scope After Masters In Machine Learning Canada
The probability of getting a high-paying job increases tenfold after earning a master’s degree in machine learning from any prestigious university in Canada. Upon completion of the course, a student can successfully enter into various sectors such as healthcare, IT, data analysis, and management. Also, doors for several companies open in the job market, some of which are Deloitte, Accenture, Environics Analytics, KPMG, Bell, etc. Here’s a list of some of the jobs with their average salary per annum that can be taken up after completing the course:
|Job Title||Average Salary Per Annum|
|Data Scientist||CAD 83,000|
|Software Engineering||CAD 81,000|
|Computer Engineering||CAD 71,000|
|Machine Learning Engineering||CAD 86,000|
|Operation Analysts||CAD 55,000|
|Principal Software Engineering||CAD 100,000|
The article has covered some of the most recognized universities in Canada that can help you pursue a master’s in machine learning, a course of your choice. Make your choice from the list and get enrolled in the course that can pave the way for your career growth and help you climb the ladder of success.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which degree can help me pursue a master’s in machine learning from Canada?
Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Mathematics, or Statistics can help students get selected for a master’s in machine learning or artificial learning from a recognized Canadian University.
What’s better for a machine learning course: online learning or a full-time classroom environment?
Being physically present in the classroom is a better approach for pursuing a master’s in machine learning as it can help students gain practical exposure to real-life situations and help them interact with experts as well.
Do Canadian Universities offer scholarships for international students pursuing master’s in artificial learning?
Yes. Some scholarships offered by Canadian Universities for students pursuing the course are the Master of Data Science and Artificial Intelligence(MDSAI) graduate Scholarship and Vector Scholarship in Artificial Intelligence.